Mukul Roy attacks Mira Pandey again
Chopra (WB): Continuing the attack on State Election Commissioner Mira Pandey, Trinamool Congress general secretary Mukul Roy on Wednesday alleged that her actions were encouraging the CPI(M), Congress and Maoists to create unrest in West Bengal.
"Due to your encouragement, the CPI(M), Congress and the Maoists are trying to create unrest in the state," Roy alleged at a panchayat election rally here in Nadia district.
Roy claimed that though the CPI(M), Congress and BJP were alleging that the TMC was responsible for the violence before the panchayat elections, it was his party which was being attacked by them.
"In the last one month, twelve of our workers were killed," he said.
Meanwhile, a Congress delegation met Governor MK Narayanan at the Raj Bhavan in Kolkata and urged him to caution Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for derogatory comments targeting the SEC.
"SEC is a constitutional head and the chief minister also holds a constitutional post. The way the CM is verbally attacking the SEC is unprecedented," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharjee told reporters here after meeting the Governor.
Stating that late Marxist patriarch Jyoti Basu had also made adverse comments against the SEC, he said, "But the Chief Minister is unrelenting in her attack against the SEC".
"The SEC is trying to ensure free and fair polls. What is the fault of SEC?" asked Bhattacharjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened