Mumbai-based anchor molested in Howrah
Kolkata: A Mumbai-based TV anchor was allegedly molested by an inebriated man who was later arrested, police said Wednesday.
The incident happened Tuesday night near the Howrah railway station.
The anchor, her father and friend were on a visit to the city.
"We have arrested Ratan Sahu on charges of molestation," said a police officer adding that the culprit was subsequently released on bail as the charges pressed were bailable.
Even as the 32-year-old woman tried to confront the attacker, a motley group which had gathered around, cheered Sahu`s efforts to drag the women out of the car.
Sahu also assaulted the anchor`s father.
The woman later called the police who arrested Sahu.
The incident comes after a 25-year-old techie sustained serious injuries after she jumped off a moving train near Belur railway station in Howrah district to save herself from a molester Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' hits screens; fans disappointed as tickets sold out
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup