Municipal polls in Darjeeling hills after 7 years
Darjeeling: After a gap of seven years,
election to four municipalities in Darjeeling hills is
scheduled to be held on December 11, Darjeeling district
magistrate S Mohan said.
A communication to this effect was received from the
State Election Commission, Mohan said.
As election in four municipalities, Darjeeling, Kalimpong,
Kurseong and Mirik, have not been held since 2005, sub
divisional officers serve as the ex-officio chairpersons and
the heads of the civic bodies in their respective regions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panama papers: SC seeks Centre, RBI's response in four weeks
- Isolate those who harbour terrorists: India to international community
- Nine Filipino militants may face death in Malaysia: lawyer
- CBSE adopts moderation policy in granting marks in Class XII exam: Govt
- Viral video: Girl performs a sizzling hot sexy dance and suddenly door opens - Know what happens next