Municipal polls in Darjeeling hills after 7 years
Darjeeling: After a gap of seven years,
election to four municipalities in Darjeeling hills is
scheduled to be held on December 11, Darjeeling district
magistrate S Mohan said.
A communication to this effect was received from the
State Election Commission, Mohan said.
As election in four municipalities, Darjeeling, Kalimpong,
Kurseong and Mirik, have not been held since 2005, sub
divisional officers serve as the ex-officio chairpersons and
the heads of the civic bodies in their respective regions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?