Municipal polls in Darjeeling hills after 7 years
Darjeeling: After a gap of seven years,
election to four municipalities in Darjeeling hills is
scheduled to be held on December 11, Darjeeling district
magistrate S Mohan said.
A communication to this effect was received from the
State Election Commission, Mohan said.
As election in four municipalities, Darjeeling, Kalimpong,
Kurseong and Mirik, have not been held since 2005, sub
divisional officers serve as the ex-officio chairpersons and
the heads of the civic bodies in their respective regions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!