Municipal polls to be fought on local issues: Pranab
Nadia (WB): Union Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee on Sunday said municipal elections have to be fought on
the basis of local issues concerning the people.
"The elections of the Lok Sabha, Vidhan Sabha and the
municipality are different. Municipal elections will have to
be fought on local issues, rather than national ones,"
Mukherjee said while campaigning at Shantipur area of the
Blaming the state government, he said instead of the
scheduled two hours, it took three hours for him to reach the
area due to bad roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi