Murder accused found hanging day after crime in WB
Burdwan (WB): The body of a murder accused was found hanging a day after he allegedly stabbed to death a friend and knifed his four family members at Kalna in Burdwan district on Sunday.
Police said the body of Harun Rashid, who had allegedly stormed into friend Mukunda Bagh`s house at Koipara locality yesterday and stabbbed to death Mukunda and injured his brother and three other family members, was found hanging from a tree at nearby Chougharia this morning.
A note was found at the place where Harun purportedly said he was killing self and admitted his crime arguing the circumstances will be clear if police examined his (Harun`s) mobile handset, the sources said.
The three injured member of the Bagh household were being treated at Burdwan Medical College Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Tour de France 2016: After third title, Chris Froome focuses on Rio Olympics 2016
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned today
- Journalists visa row: There'll be 'serious consequences', China warns India
- Protests over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew in south Kashmir to prevent separatist called march
- Bernie Sanders to emphasise agreements with Hillary Clinton at National Convention