Murder accused found hanging day after crime in WB
Burdwan (WB): The body of a murder accused was found hanging a day after he allegedly stabbed to death a friend and knifed his four family members at Kalna in Burdwan district on Sunday.
Police said the body of Harun Rashid, who had allegedly stormed into friend Mukunda Bagh`s house at Koipara locality yesterday and stabbbed to death Mukunda and injured his brother and three other family members, was found hanging from a tree at nearby Chougharia this morning.
A note was found at the place where Harun purportedly said he was killing self and admitted his crime arguing the circumstances will be clear if police examined his (Harun`s) mobile handset, the sources said.
The three injured member of the Bagh household were being treated at Burdwan Medical College Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes