Murder accused found hanging day after crime in WB
Burdwan (WB): The body of a murder accused was found hanging a day after he allegedly stabbed to death a friend and knifed his four family members at Kalna in Burdwan district on Sunday.
Police said the body of Harun Rashid, who had allegedly stormed into friend Mukunda Bagh`s house at Koipara locality yesterday and stabbbed to death Mukunda and injured his brother and three other family members, was found hanging from a tree at nearby Chougharia this morning.
A note was found at the place where Harun purportedly said he was killing self and admitted his crime arguing the circumstances will be clear if police examined his (Harun`s) mobile handset, the sources said.
The three injured member of the Bagh household were being treated at Burdwan Medical College Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing