Murder accused found hanging day after crime in WB
Burdwan (WB): The body of a murder accused was found hanging a day after he allegedly stabbed to death a friend and knifed his four family members at Kalna in Burdwan district on Sunday.
Police said the body of Harun Rashid, who had allegedly stormed into friend Mukunda Bagh`s house at Koipara locality yesterday and stabbbed to death Mukunda and injured his brother and three other family members, was found hanging from a tree at nearby Chougharia this morning.
A note was found at the place where Harun purportedly said he was killing self and admitted his crime arguing the circumstances will be clear if police examined his (Harun`s) mobile handset, the sources said.
The three injured member of the Bagh household were being treated at Burdwan Medical College Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Infosys denies laying off 500 people, says 'few' asked to leave for non-performance
- Vivek Oberoi to be trained by Daniel Craig's trainer
- Viral Video: Cheating man finds both girlfriends at same place, EXPOSED – See what happened next
- Xiaomi's smartphones sales in India up 72%
- Arun Jaitley may not read out new trains, lines after budget merger