Mysterious death of Visva Bharati student in WB
Santiniketan (WB): Mystery shrouded the death of Sudhir Kumar, a first year student of Japaneses department in Visva Bharati.
Kumar, who hailed from Patna district of Bihar, was found by morning walkers lying unconscious near the university compound yesterday, the police said.
He was first taken to the university hospital and then to Bolpur sub-divisional hospital where he died.
It appeared that Kumar, who stayed in a private mess outside the university, consumed some pesticide but the exact cause of his death could be confirmed only after having post-mortem report, the sources said.
His family members came from their Pillachalk village home and cremated the body at Bolpur burning ghat on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Tour de France 2016: After third title, Chris Froome focuses on Rio Olympics 2016
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned today
- Journalists visa row: There'll be 'serious consequences', China warns India
- Protests over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew in south Kashmir to prevent separatist called march
- Bernie Sanders to emphasise agreements with Hillary Clinton at National Convention