Mysterious death of Visva Bharati student in WB
Santiniketan (WB): Mystery shrouded the death of Sudhir Kumar, a first year student of Japaneses department in Visva Bharati.
Kumar, who hailed from Patna district of Bihar, was found by morning walkers lying unconscious near the university compound yesterday, the police said.
He was first taken to the university hospital and then to Bolpur sub-divisional hospital where he died.
It appeared that Kumar, who stayed in a private mess outside the university, consumed some pesticide but the exact cause of his death could be confirmed only after having post-mortem report, the sources said.
His family members came from their Pillachalk village home and cremated the body at Bolpur burning ghat on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins