Mysterious death of Visva Bharati student in WB
Santiniketan (WB): Mystery shrouded the death of Sudhir Kumar, a first year student of Japaneses department in Visva Bharati.
Kumar, who hailed from Patna district of Bihar, was found by morning walkers lying unconscious near the university compound yesterday, the police said.
He was first taken to the university hospital and then to Bolpur sub-divisional hospital where he died.
It appeared that Kumar, who stayed in a private mess outside the university, consumed some pesticide but the exact cause of his death could be confirmed only after having post-mortem report, the sources said.
His family members came from their Pillachalk village home and cremated the body at Bolpur burning ghat on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video