Mysterious death of Visva Bharati student in WB
Santiniketan (WB): Mystery shrouded the death of Sudhir Kumar, a first year student of Japaneses department in Visva Bharati.
Kumar, who hailed from Patna district of Bihar, was found by morning walkers lying unconscious near the university compound yesterday, the police said.
He was first taken to the university hospital and then to Bolpur sub-divisional hospital where he died.
It appeared that Kumar, who stayed in a private mess outside the university, consumed some pesticide but the exact cause of his death could be confirmed only after having post-mortem report, the sources said.
His family members came from their Pillachalk village home and cremated the body at Bolpur burning ghat on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali