Mysterious death of Visva Bharati student in WB
Santiniketan (WB): Mystery shrouded the death of Sudhir Kumar, a first year student of Japaneses department in Visva Bharati.
Kumar, who hailed from Patna district of Bihar, was found by morning walkers lying unconscious near the university compound yesterday, the police said.
He was first taken to the university hospital and then to Bolpur sub-divisional hospital where he died.
It appeared that Kumar, who stayed in a private mess outside the university, consumed some pesticide but the exact cause of his death could be confirmed only after having post-mortem report, the sources said.
His family members came from their Pillachalk village home and cremated the body at Bolpur burning ghat on Monday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming