Mysterious gas leak in court premises, 3 hospitalised
Kolkata: A mysterious gas leak caused a flutter inside the Sealdah court premises on Saturday and left at least three persons including a magistrate sick, police said.
The pungent smell was felt by those present on the third floor of Sealdah civil and criminal court at around 11 am.
Many of them started coughing, while three persons including magistrate Dipali Shrivastava had to be hospitalised in NRS Medical College and Hospital.
Police and fire brigade personnel rushed to the spot but could not locate the source of the leak, which some said smelt like ammonia.
Court work was hampered as people vacated the building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam