Kolkata: A mysterious gas leak caused a flutter inside the Sealdah court premises on Saturday and left at least three persons including a magistrate sick, police said.
The pungent smell was felt by those present on the third floor of Sealdah civil and criminal court at around 11 am.
Many of them started coughing, while three persons including magistrate Dipali Shrivastava had to be hospitalised in NRS Medical College and Hospital.
Police and fire brigade personnel rushed to the spot but could not locate the source of the leak, which some said smelt like ammonia.
Court work was hampered as people vacated the building.