Naked photo of prisoner: WBHRC asks IG Prisons to inquire
Kolkata: The West Bengal Human Rights Commission on Tuesday asked Inspector General of Prisons to inquire into the naked photograph of a prisoner of Dum Dum Central Jail published in an English daily, which alleged that he was stripped, beaten and handcuffed.
"We have seen the photograph in the newspaper. We have asked the IG (Prisons) Ranvir Kumar to conduct an inquiry into the matter personally and submit a report within two weeks," the commission`s joint secretary Sujoy Haldar, told a news agency.
The IG, Prisons, when contacted said, "Let me conduct an inquiry then only I will be able to say something."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them