Naren Hansda`s statue defaced by miscreants in WB
Jhargram: The statue of Naren Hansda, founder of the Jharkhand Party (Naren) was defaced by some miscreants at Magura village near Binpur in West Midnapore district, police sources said on Sunday.
Chunnibala Hansda, former MLA of Binpur and wife of Naren Hansda said her party activists today found that the statue at Magura village was defaced.
We have lodged a complaint with the Binpur police station in this regard, she said.
Chunnibala alleged that TMC supporters defaced the statue of Naren Hansda but the TMC West Midnapore district general secretary Durgesh M Dev refuted the allegations of Chunnibala.
The TMC leader said the defacing the statue of Naren Hansda was condemnable. We want that the guilty should be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video