Narendra Modi is a cheap politician, says Gurudas Dasgupta
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: After Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Wednesday said that the Third Front idea would make India a `third-rate` country, leader of the Communist Party of India Gurudas Dasgupta slammed his remark and called him a cheap politician.
Dasgupta said that Modi uses cheap words in his speeches and added that his comments on Third Front shows the arrogance of the Gujarat Chief Minister who today appealed to the people of West Bengal to vote for the saffron outfit.
CPI(M) leader Mohammed Salim also slammed Narendra Modi and said that the BJP sells lies in the entire country, they tried to do the same here in Bengal but there were no buyers.
Modi made his debut in West Bengal in the campaign for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls due in May, and launched a blistering attack on the Left and the Third Front parties. “Time has come to bid farewell to this idea of Third Front from Indian politics forever,” Modi said in his speech.
He continued with his attack on the Congress party and accused the grand-old party of denying the PM post to its senior most leader Pranab Mukherjee in an attempt to strike a chord with the Bengalis.
However, Modi was not much critical of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. He said that the people of Bengal have choosen the Trinamool Congress government and they can also experiment with the BJP by electing the party candidates in all the 42 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...