Naxal attack: Guard of honour for slain CRPF personnel
Kolkata: A guard of honour was on Thursday given to
three of the five CRPF personnel killed in a landmine blast
triggered by Maoists at Ramgarh in West Midnapore district
before their bodies were flown home.
The body of CRPF Deputy Commandant V P Singh, who
succumbed to injuries yesterday while being airlifted to
Kolkata, was brought to the airport as also the caskets
containing the bodies of constable D Ramesh and driver Rakesh
Kumar from Midnapore.
The body of Ramesh was flown to Tamil Nadu, and those of
Singh, who is from Rajasthan and Kumar from Punjab, to Delhi
from the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport
Prior to it, the slain CRPF personnel were given a guard
of honour by the Third Signal Battalion of the force before
the terminal building of the airport.
Local CRPF personnel, West Bengal Police and Kolkata
Police personnel were present.
CRPF Commandant Ashu Shukla praised the contribution of
the deputy commandant who, he said, had played a responsible
role during his stint in Jammu and Kashmir from where he had
arrived in West Midnapore just six days ago. "The force has
lost three of its valuable men."
Five CRPF personnel, including the deputy commandant were
killed and another was injured when their vehicle was blown up
in a landmine blast at Ramgarh in Lalgarh police station area
yesterday. Bodies of head constable B L Santara and constable
D K Samanta were yet to reach here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof