Naxalite students lathicharged in Kolkata
Kolkata: The police lathicharged a group
of naxalite students when tried to show black flags
during the visit of West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee at the Jadavpore University.
The students shouted slogans demanding withdrawal of
the joint security forces from West Midnapore district and
against CPI(M) `atrocities`, police sources said.
The students tried to converge on the chief minister`s
convoy with black flags, but were dispersed by the police
A spokesman of the United Democratic Students`
Federation claimed that seven students were injured in the
The programme of the chief minister who had gone to
the university to inaugurate the renovated `Gandhi Bhavan` was
held without disruption.
There was no report of any arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre