Naxalite students lathicharged in Kolkata
Kolkata: The police lathicharged a group
of naxalite students when tried to show black flags
during the visit of West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee at the Jadavpore University.
The students shouted slogans demanding withdrawal of
the joint security forces from West Midnapore district and
against CPI(M) `atrocities`, police sources said.
The students tried to converge on the chief minister`s
convoy with black flags, but were dispersed by the police
A spokesman of the United Democratic Students`
Federation claimed that seven students were injured in the
The programme of the chief minister who had gone to
the university to inaugurate the renovated `Gandhi Bhavan` was
held without disruption.
There was no report of any arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home