Naxalite students lathicharged in Kolkata
Kolkata: The police lathicharged a group
of naxalite students when tried to show black flags
during the visit of West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee at the Jadavpore University.
The students shouted slogans demanding withdrawal of
the joint security forces from West Midnapore district and
against CPI(M) `atrocities`, police sources said.
The students tried to converge on the chief minister`s
convoy with black flags, but were dispersed by the police
A spokesman of the United Democratic Students`
Federation claimed that seven students were injured in the
The programme of the chief minister who had gone to
the university to inaugurate the renovated `Gandhi Bhavan` was
held without disruption.
There was no report of any arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review