Naxalite students lathicharged in Kolkata
Kolkata: The police lathicharged a group
of naxalite students when tried to show black flags
during the visit of West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee at the Jadavpore University.
The students shouted slogans demanding withdrawal of
the joint security forces from West Midnapore district and
against CPI(M) `atrocities`, police sources said.
The students tried to converge on the chief minister`s
convoy with black flags, but were dispersed by the police
A spokesman of the United Democratic Students`
Federation claimed that seven students were injured in the
The programme of the chief minister who had gone to
the university to inaugurate the renovated `Gandhi Bhavan` was
held without disruption.
There was no report of any arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why China stalled India's NSG membership?
- DNA: Why China stalled India's NSG membership? - Part II
- DNA : World's first' White Tiger' sanctuary opens in Madhya Pradesh
- DNA: World's first' White Tiger' sanctuary opens in Madhya Pradesh - Part II
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote