Naxalite students lathicharged in Kolkata
Kolkata: The police lathicharged a group
of naxalite students when tried to show black flags
during the visit of West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee at the Jadavpore University.
The students shouted slogans demanding withdrawal of
the joint security forces from West Midnapore district and
against CPI(M) `atrocities`, police sources said.
The students tried to converge on the chief minister`s
convoy with black flags, but were dispersed by the police
A spokesman of the United Democratic Students`
Federation claimed that seven students were injured in the
The programme of the chief minister who had gone to
the university to inaugurate the renovated `Gandhi Bhavan` was
held without disruption.
There was no report of any arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?