Naxalites decry Kishenji`s killing in fake encounter
Kolkata: Eight different Naxalite outfits
on Wednesday brought out a procession in the city demanding a proper
inquiry into the alleged fake encounter in which Maoist leader
Kishenji was killed in Jangalmahal last month.
Hundreds of people joined the procession, taken out by
CPI(ML)- ND, CPI(ML-Liberation), CPI(ML-RedStar), CPI(ML)
-Janshakti), PCC-CPI(ML) and other Naxalite outfits, which
ended at Esplanade traversing a two-km distance from College
Square in the central part of the city.
Holding placards, the processionists demanded
immediate stop to `state-sponsored terrorism` in West
Bengal, withdrawal of Joint Forces from Jangalmahal and
unconditional release of all political prisoners.
Condemning the killing of Kishenji, the Naxalite
organisations called upon all political parties to protest
against `planned political murders`.
The processionists, however, disapproved of the
violent methods being adopted by the Maoists and their wanton
killing `which we think has been affecting mass movement and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?