‘Nayachar project to require fresh CRZ clearance’
Kolkata: The proposed Nayachar project would require fresh clearance from the Environment Department and also from the Coastal Regulatory Zone authority, West Bengal commerce and industries minister Partha Chatterjee said on Monday.
Replying during the question hour in the Assembly,
Chatterjee said the state government had scrapped an earlier
proposal of setting up of a chemical hub at Nayachar.
Instead, he said, a 2,000-MW thermal power plant, an
industrial park and an eco-tourism project involving a total
investment of Rs 26,000 crore, would come up on Nayachar
Island which would be set up by Singapore-based Universal
Success Enterprise Ltd.
He said the project would be environmentally friendly and
While the power plant would entail an investment of Rs
12,000 crore, the industrial park and eco-tourism project
would require Rs 12,000 crore and Rs 2,000 crore,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security