Negotiations can bring peace in Darjeeling Hills: Biman Bose
Siliguri: CPI(M) state secretary and Left Front chairman Biman Bose on Wednesday appealed to all political parties to come together to bring back peace to the Darjeeling Hills.
"Tourism in Darjeeling hills has been hit due to agitation in the hills. For the sake of tourism all the parties should come together to the negotiation table to bring peace in the hills," Bose told reporters here.
He said it is good that the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) has indicated that it is willing to participate in the tripartite talks and called upon the West government and the Centre to sit together to sort out the problem engulfing the Hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you