Negotiations can bring peace in Darjeeling Hills: Biman Bose
Siliguri: CPI(M) state secretary and Left Front chairman Biman Bose on Wednesday appealed to all political parties to come together to bring back peace to the Darjeeling Hills.
"Tourism in Darjeeling hills has been hit due to agitation in the hills. For the sake of tourism all the parties should come together to the negotiation table to bring peace in the hills," Bose told reporters here.
He said it is good that the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) has indicated that it is willing to participate in the tripartite talks and called upon the West government and the Centre to sit together to sort out the problem engulfing the Hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16