Negotiations can bring peace in Darjeeling Hills: Biman Bose
Siliguri: CPI(M) state secretary and Left Front chairman Biman Bose on Wednesday appealed to all political parties to come together to bring back peace to the Darjeeling Hills.
"Tourism in Darjeeling hills has been hit due to agitation in the hills. For the sake of tourism all the parties should come together to the negotiation table to bring peace in the hills," Bose told reporters here.
He said it is good that the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) has indicated that it is willing to participate in the tripartite talks and called upon the West government and the Centre to sit together to sort out the problem engulfing the Hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site