Nepali national held with explosives in West Bengal
Siliguri: Ahead of the Republic Day, a Nepali national carrying explosives was held near the India-Bangladesh border in West Bengal`s Jalpaiguri district, an official said Saturday.
Border Security Force troopers apprehended a truck with Nepali registration number near district`s Phoolbari area Friday night and arrested the man with explosives hidden inside the vehicle.
The man has been handed over to the local police and the explosive sent for forensic examination.
BSF Deputy Inspector General (North Bengal Frontier) Rajesh Gupta said security has been stepped up and the India-Bangladesh border has been "sealed" in view of the Republic Day Sunday.
With reports of separatist outfits, especially the Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO), trying to disturb peace, three companies of Sashastra Seema Bal have been deployed in the region.
Earlier, six people were killed and several others injured in a bomb explosion in Jalpaiguri, suspected to be triggered by the KLO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed