Netai massacre accused remanded to CBI custody
Lalgarh: A local court in Lalgarh on Thursday
remanded two CPI(M) workers to CBI custody for four days, who
were arrested in connection with the January 7 Netai massacre
Abani Bhusan Singh and Aswini Chalak were nabbed in
connection with the killing of nine villagers after suspected
CPI(M) cadres indiscriminately fired from a house on an
agitated crowd in West Midnapore`s Netai village.
As many as 29 others were injured, many of them
critically, in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'