Netai massacre case: Next hearing on July 23
Midnapore: The next hearing in Netai massacre case would be held on July 23 as two accused failed to turn up at the local court here on Thursday citing illness.
Fifth Additional Sessions Judge Avijit Som set July 23 as the next date of hearing after two accused Kiriti Roy and Biswarup Ghosh did not appear before the court due to illness.
Eighteen persons, including former minister of West Bengal and CPI-M leader Sushanta Ghosh, are accused in the case.
Sixteen other accused appeared before the court today
Nine villagers were killed on January 7, 2011 at Netai village in West Midnapore district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years