Netai massacre case: Next hearing on July 23
Midnapore: The next hearing in Netai massacre case would be held on July 23 as two accused failed to turn up at the local court here on Thursday citing illness.
Fifth Additional Sessions Judge Avijit Som set July 23 as the next date of hearing after two accused Kiriti Roy and Biswarup Ghosh did not appear before the court due to illness.
Eighteen persons, including former minister of West Bengal and CPI-M leader Sushanta Ghosh, are accused in the case.
Sixteen other accused appeared before the court today
Nine villagers were killed on January 7, 2011 at Netai village in West Midnapore district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Left, Congress threaten to skip Mamata's swearing-in, BJP to observe black day
- FSSAI to remove potassium bromate from food additives list
- French Open 2016: Stan Wawrinka escapes historic blow, Garbine Muguruza struggles
- Cancer-causing chemicals found in bread samples, says CSE; Health Ministry orders probe
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!