Netaji's files: There is disconnect in RTI replies from PMO’s office and MEA, says Chandra Bose

Subhas Chandra Bose's grandnephew said on Sunday that there seemed to be a disconnect with RTI replies that they were getting from bureaucracy from PMO’s office and the Ministry of External Affairs.

Kolkata: Subhas Chandra Bose's grandnephew said on Sunday that there seemed to be a disconnect with RTI replies that they were getting from bureaucracy from PMO’s office and the Ministry of External Affairs.

Talking to ANI Chandra Bose said, “When I told Prime Minister Narendra Modi that people of nation would like to know what happened to SC Bose after 18th August 1945, he told me that it was the duty of the nation to do so.”

Bose added, “There seem to be a disconnect with RTI replies we are getting from bureaucracy from PMO’s office and MEA. We would like to know whether bureaucracy is consulting the political leadership, this is a serious matter.”

“My brother Surya Bose did inform PM Modi about RTI replies from PMO, in Berlin. PM Modi was surprised to know similar reply (as that of UPA) has come from his government and had said that he would personally intervene in matter,” Chandra Bose further said.

On May 09, family members of Subhas Chandra Bose had met PM Modi in Kolkata and had put forward their long-pending demand to de-classify the files related to Netaji.

"We met the PM and told him that the de-classification of Netaji files was not just a demand of the family but of the entire nation," Chandra Kumar Bose had then told reporters, as per PTI.

He had also said that the PM's approach towards their demand of de-classification of files was very positive.

PM Modi had met Netaji's grand nephew Surya Bose in Berlin last month during which they discussed the surveillance issues and declassification of the freedom fighter's files.

(With Agency inputs)

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close