Netaji`s grand nephew seeks acceptance by electorate
Kolkata: Expressing happiness over his nomination as a Trinamool Congress candidate for the Lok Sabha polls, renowned historian and Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose`s grand nephew Sugata Bose on Wednesday hoped the electorate would accept him.
"She (Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee) is like my elder sister and I am honoured at being nominated," said Bose after Trinamool chairperson Banerjee announced the list of candidates for the state`s 42 parliamentary constituencies.
Bose, who would be trying his political luck from Jadavpur, incidentally would replace party rebel and famed musician Kabir Suman - who won in 2009.
Admitting that it would be difficult for him to match the credentials of his mother Krishna- a three time parliamentarian from the constituency, Bose hoped people would accept him.
"I can`t be a good parliamentarian like my mother, but hope the people of Jadavpur will accept me," said the 57-year-old Harvard University professor.
Considered close to Banerjee, Bose is also the chairman of the Mentor Group for Presidency University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'