New WB Assembly summoned to meet on May 30
Kolkata: The newly-constituted West Bengal Legislative Assembly has been summoned to meet on May 30.
Governor MK Narayanan has fixed the election of the new Speaker at 3:00 pm on the same day.
Under rule 7 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business, any member may give notice in writing addressed to the principal secretary of the Assembly, of a motion before 1:00 pm on May 27 for the election, Assembly Secretariat
The Governor, it said, under clause (1) of Article 180 of the Constitution, has appointed Gyan Singh Sohanpal, MLA, to perform the duties of the Speaker from the commencement of the first meeting of the 15th West Bengal Legislative Assembly on May 30 till the election of the Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray