New WB Assembly summoned to meet on May 30
Kolkata: The newly-constituted West Bengal Legislative Assembly has been summoned to meet on May 30.
Governor MK Narayanan has fixed the election of the new Speaker at 3:00 pm on the same day.
Under rule 7 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business, any member may give notice in writing addressed to the principal secretary of the Assembly, of a motion before 1:00 pm on May 27 for the election, Assembly Secretariat
The Governor, it said, under clause (1) of Article 180 of the Constitution, has appointed Gyan Singh Sohanpal, MLA, to perform the duties of the Speaker from the commencement of the first meeting of the 15th West Bengal Legislative Assembly on May 30 till the election of the Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP