Nine Bangladeshis escape from juvenile home
Baharampur: Nine Bangladeshis,
lodged in a state-run juvenile home, escaped from the home at Baharampur in Murshidabad district Saturday.
Official sources said the nine, who were lodged in
`Ananda Ashram` for the past few years, fled by removing the
damaged window grill this morning and remained untraced ever
The inmates, who had been put up in the remand home on
charges like trespassing and theft, could not still come out
despite expiry of their prison term due to delay in the repatriation process, the sources said.
Eight other inmates now remained lodged within the
home, four of them Bangladeshis.
The district administration has alerted police and BSF
for tracking the nine.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai