Nine Bangladeshis escape from juvenile home
Baharampur: Nine Bangladeshis,
lodged in a state-run juvenile home, escaped from the home at Baharampur in Murshidabad district Saturday.
Official sources said the nine, who were lodged in
`Ananda Ashram` for the past few years, fled by removing the
damaged window grill this morning and remained untraced ever
The inmates, who had been put up in the remand home on
charges like trespassing and theft, could not still come out
despite expiry of their prison term due to delay in the repatriation process, the sources said.
Eight other inmates now remained lodged within the
home, four of them Bangladeshis.
The district administration has alerted police and BSF
for tracking the nine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends