Nine Bangladeshis escape from juvenile home
Baharampur: Nine Bangladeshis,
lodged in a state-run juvenile home, escaped from the home at Baharampur in Murshidabad district Saturday.
Official sources said the nine, who were lodged in
`Ananda Ashram` for the past few years, fled by removing the
damaged window grill this morning and remained untraced ever
The inmates, who had been put up in the remand home on
charges like trespassing and theft, could not still come out
despite expiry of their prison term due to delay in the repatriation process, the sources said.
Eight other inmates now remained lodged within the
home, four of them Bangladeshis.
The district administration has alerted police and BSF
for tracking the nine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS