Nine children die in West Bengal hospital
Malda: With one more child dying on Saturday, the toll in children death from an unidentified illness at Malda Medical College and Hospital in West Bengal rose to nine, Health department official said.
One child died today while 20 others are undergoing treatment in the hospital, he said.
Earlier, the Superintendent-cum-Vice Principal of the Malda Medical College Hospital MA Rashid had said that "the children, aged between 1-6 years, were admitted here with high fever, vomiting and convulsion on Thursday night.
Eight of the children died in the past couple of days."
All the affected children hail from Kaliachak-I, Kaliachak-II and Kaliachak-III blocks of Malda district, officials said.
Rashid said, "The symptoms started with fever and vomiting. It soon intensified and culminated in convulsions, leading to death of the children."
A team of specialists from School of Tropical Medicine in Kolkata visited the area today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside