Nine infants die at West Bengal hospital
Malda (WB): Nine babies died within a space
of 12 hours at the Malda Medical College and Hospital in the
district where barely two months back 20 new-borns had died.
Of the nine babies, who died between Wednesday
evening and Thursday morning, seven were aged between one and
26 days while two others were between the ages of six and
eight months, hospital sources said.
Six of them died in the newly-opened Sick New-born Care
Unit in the hospital where only critical patients are
admitted. Three others died in the general paediatric ward.
All of them were brought from rural hospitals with
complications of low birth weight and varying degrees of
West Bengal has been beset with children`s deaths in
hospitals across several districts since early last year.
Between Oct 25 and 28 last year, 16 babies died at the
BC Roy Children`s Hospital, the only children`s referral
hospital in Kolkata.
Earlier in July 18 of the same year, 18 infants had
The Burdwan Medical College and Hospital had reported
12 infant deaths on October 27-28, last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog