Nine more arrested in school vandalism case
Kolkata: Nine persons, including two women, were arrested on Sunday in connection with vandalism at a Christian Missionary school, a class V student of which had died after allegedly being confined to a toilet by her seniors on September 11.
Of the nine arrested, five are people who have no connection to the Christ Church Girls` High School at Dum Dum, Additional District Commissioner of Police Biswajit Ghose said.
The arrested were today produced in the Barrackpore Additional District Court. With today`s arrest, a total of 12 persons have been nabbed following the incident.
On September 12, the school`s principal Helen Sarkar was arrested.
Yesterday, state Governor M K Narayanana had ticked off the parents who had indulged in ransacking school offices after the death of Oindrila Das, saying, "I am depressed. If parents don`t have discipline, what can you expect from the children?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional