Nine more arrested in school vandalism case
Kolkata: Nine persons, including two women, were arrested on Sunday in connection with vandalism at a Christian Missionary school, a class V student of which had died after allegedly being confined to a toilet by her seniors on September 11.
Of the nine arrested, five are people who have no connection to the Christ Church Girls` High School at Dum Dum, Additional District Commissioner of Police Biswajit Ghose said.
The arrested were today produced in the Barrackpore Additional District Court. With today`s arrest, a total of 12 persons have been nabbed following the incident.
On September 12, the school`s principal Helen Sarkar was arrested.
Yesterday, state Governor M K Narayanana had ticked off the parents who had indulged in ransacking school offices after the death of Oindrila Das, saying, "I am depressed. If parents don`t have discipline, what can you expect from the children?"
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'