Nine more arrested in school vandalism case
Kolkata: Nine persons, including two women, were arrested on Sunday in connection with vandalism at a Christian Missionary school, a class V student of which had died after allegedly being confined to a toilet by her seniors on September 11.
Of the nine arrested, five are people who have no connection to the Christ Church Girls` High School at Dum Dum, Additional District Commissioner of Police Biswajit Ghose said.
The arrested were today produced in the Barrackpore Additional District Court. With today`s arrest, a total of 12 persons have been nabbed following the incident.
On September 12, the school`s principal Helen Sarkar was arrested.
Yesterday, state Governor M K Narayanana had ticked off the parents who had indulged in ransacking school offices after the death of Oindrila Das, saying, "I am depressed. If parents don`t have discipline, what can you expect from the children?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH