Nine more arrested in school vandalism case
Kolkata: Nine persons, including two women, were arrested on Sunday in connection with vandalism at a Christian Missionary school, a class V student of which had died after allegedly being confined to a toilet by her seniors on September 11.
Of the nine arrested, five are people who have no connection to the Christ Church Girls` High School at Dum Dum, Additional District Commissioner of Police Biswajit Ghose said.
The arrested were today produced in the Barrackpore Additional District Court. With today`s arrest, a total of 12 persons have been nabbed following the incident.
On September 12, the school`s principal Helen Sarkar was arrested.
Yesterday, state Governor M K Narayanana had ticked off the parents who had indulged in ransacking school offices after the death of Oindrila Das, saying, "I am depressed. If parents don`t have discipline, what can you expect from the children?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video