Nitish gives Rs 1 lakh ex-gratia to Bengal gang-rape victim`s family
Patna: Taking serious view of the gangrape of a teenage girl and her subsequent death two days back in West Bengal, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today announced Rs one lakh ex-gratia assistance to the victim`s family and deputed a senior police official to visit Kolkata.
The Chief Minister directed the Inspector General of Police (IG), Special branch, G S Gangwar to meet the family of the victim, who originally hails from Bihar, and provide all possible help to them.
Gangwar was also asked to meet government officials in Kolkata and seek details of the case. The Chief Minister has sent a cheque for Rs one lakh for the family of the victim as ex-gratia assistance, according to an official release.
The 16-year-old girl, who was gang raped twice in October last, died of burn injuries in a Kolkata hospital on December 31. Her family members claimed that she was burnt alive by the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa