Nitish gives Rs 1 lakh ex-gratia to Bengal gang-rape victim`s family
Patna: Taking serious view of the gangrape of a teenage girl and her subsequent death two days back in West Bengal, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today announced Rs one lakh ex-gratia assistance to the victim`s family and deputed a senior police official to visit Kolkata.
The Chief Minister directed the Inspector General of Police (IG), Special branch, G S Gangwar to meet the family of the victim, who originally hails from Bihar, and provide all possible help to them.
Gangwar was also asked to meet government officials in Kolkata and seek details of the case. The Chief Minister has sent a cheque for Rs one lakh for the family of the victim as ex-gratia assistance, according to an official release.
The 16-year-old girl, who was gang raped twice in October last, died of burn injuries in a Kolkata hospital on December 31. Her family members claimed that she was burnt alive by the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown