No 51% FDI retail in WB: Mamata Banerjee
Howrah: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Monday said the state government will not allow
implementation of 51 per cent Foreign Direct Investment in
retail sector in the state.
"We will not allow 51 per cent FDI in retail in West
Bengal. It will affect the livelihood of about five crore
people," the Trinamool Congress chief told reporters here.
The Union Cabinet on November 24 approved 51 per cent FDI
in multi-brand retail paving the way for global giants like
WalMart to open mega stores in cities with population of over
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'