No 51% FDI retail in WB: Mamata Banerjee
Howrah: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Monday said the state government will not allow
implementation of 51 per cent Foreign Direct Investment in
retail sector in the state.
"We will not allow 51 per cent FDI in retail in West
Bengal. It will affect the livelihood of about five crore
people," the Trinamool Congress chief told reporters here.
The Union Cabinet on November 24 approved 51 per cent FDI
in multi-brand retail paving the way for global giants like
WalMart to open mega stores in cities with population of over
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis