No alliance with TMC in Lok Sabha polls: Congress
Kolkata: Ruling out any alliance with Trinamool Congress in the 2014 general elections, Congress on Wednesday asked its workers to build mass contacts and enlist their support.
West Bengal Congress chief Pradip Bhattacharjee said no tie-up was possible with the TMC in view of the torture and violence its supporters faced during the recent panchayat polls.
"We know the kind of torture and violence our leaders and supporters had to face during the panchayat polls. We know the state Congress is still fighting violence. We want to tell you there will be no alliance with Trinamool in the next Lok Sabha polls," Bhattacharjee said urging party workers to reach out to the people.
The party would also strengthen its cyber cell to facilitate contacts with young generation, he said.
Congress leader Arunava Ghosh, who was summoned yesterday to the bar of the West Bengal Assembly for breach of privilege and detained till the House closed, attacked TMC saying, it was a party run by a dictator.
"The party has only one leader Mamata Banerjee, the rest are all washer men," Ghosh remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites