No alliance with TMC in Lok Sabha polls: Congress
Kolkata: Ruling out any alliance with Trinamool Congress in the 2014 general elections, Congress on Wednesday asked its workers to build mass contacts and enlist their support.
West Bengal Congress chief Pradip Bhattacharjee said no tie-up was possible with the TMC in view of the torture and violence its supporters faced during the recent panchayat polls.
"We know the kind of torture and violence our leaders and supporters had to face during the panchayat polls. We know the state Congress is still fighting violence. We want to tell you there will be no alliance with Trinamool in the next Lok Sabha polls," Bhattacharjee said urging party workers to reach out to the people.
The party would also strengthen its cyber cell to facilitate contacts with young generation, he said.
Congress leader Arunava Ghosh, who was summoned yesterday to the bar of the West Bengal Assembly for breach of privilege and detained till the House closed, attacked TMC saying, it was a party run by a dictator.
"The party has only one leader Mamata Banerjee, the rest are all washer men," Ghosh remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender