No alliance with TMC in Lok Sabha polls: Congress
Kolkata: Ruling out any alliance with Trinamool Congress in the 2014 general elections, Congress on Wednesday asked its workers to build mass contacts and enlist their support.
West Bengal Congress chief Pradip Bhattacharjee said no tie-up was possible with the TMC in view of the torture and violence its supporters faced during the recent panchayat polls.
"We know the kind of torture and violence our leaders and supporters had to face during the panchayat polls. We know the state Congress is still fighting violence. We want to tell you there will be no alliance with Trinamool in the next Lok Sabha polls," Bhattacharjee said urging party workers to reach out to the people.
The party would also strengthen its cyber cell to facilitate contacts with young generation, he said.
Congress leader Arunava Ghosh, who was summoned yesterday to the bar of the West Bengal Assembly for breach of privilege and detained till the House closed, attacked TMC saying, it was a party run by a dictator.
"The party has only one leader Mamata Banerjee, the rest are all washer men," Ghosh remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy