No chance of alliance with TMC: Shakeel Ahmad
Amta (WB): There is no chance of an alliance between Congress and Trinamool Congress (TMC) in the coming Lok Sabha poll, AICC secretary and in-charge of West Bengal Shakeel Ahmad said on Monday.
"We (Cong and TMC) had an alliance last time during the Lok Sabha polls. But the law and order situation in West Bengal is worsening every day under TMC," he said after distributing relief among 45 families at Kahmoli village under Mata block two in Howrah district.
Congress MLA of Amta Asit Mitra was assaulted and 45 houses, which the party claimed belonged to its supporters were burnt down by alleged TMC workers during the panchayat polls in the state in July.
Ahmad said he was distributing the relief today as the model code of conduct prevented him from doing so right after the incident.
Referring to the panchayat poll violence in West Bengal in which more than 20 people were killed, Ahmad said the number was more than the rest of the country.
"The state government has no shame over the violence witnessed in this village. None have been arrested so far though the polls were held almost two months ago," he said and lambasted the state police.
He referred to rural development and said nothing had been done in the state in respect to it.
"Also I can`t understand why the government is not recommending CBI inquiry into the chitfund scam," he added.
Mitra and district Congress president Kazi Abdur Rezzak were present at the programme.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today