No chance of alliance with TMC: Shakeel Ahmad
Amta (WB): There is no chance of an alliance between Congress and Trinamool Congress (TMC) in the coming Lok Sabha poll, AICC secretary and in-charge of West Bengal Shakeel Ahmad said on Monday.
"We (Cong and TMC) had an alliance last time during the Lok Sabha polls. But the law and order situation in West Bengal is worsening every day under TMC," he said after distributing relief among 45 families at Kahmoli village under Mata block two in Howrah district.
Congress MLA of Amta Asit Mitra was assaulted and 45 houses, which the party claimed belonged to its supporters were burnt down by alleged TMC workers during the panchayat polls in the state in July.
Ahmad said he was distributing the relief today as the model code of conduct prevented him from doing so right after the incident.
Referring to the panchayat poll violence in West Bengal in which more than 20 people were killed, Ahmad said the number was more than the rest of the country.
"The state government has no shame over the violence witnessed in this village. None have been arrested so far though the polls were held almost two months ago," he said and lambasted the state police.
He referred to rural development and said nothing had been done in the state in respect to it.
"Also I can`t understand why the government is not recommending CBI inquiry into the chitfund scam," he added.
Mitra and district Congress president Kazi Abdur Rezzak were present at the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday