No-confidence motion moved against TMC chairman
Kalyani(WB): Around 10 Trinamool Congress (TMC) Councillors of Kalyani Municipality in Nadia district on Monday moved a no confidence motion against TMC chairman of the municipality Pradip Kumar Sur.
The 10 TMC Councillors of the Kalyani Municipality submitted the no confidence letter to the Sub Divisional Officer (SDO) Kalyani, Shaibal Chakraborty.
District Magistrate Abhinav Chandra said "I have received the letter where 10 TMC Councillors of Kalyani Municipality have signed a no confidence motion against chairman P K Sur. I ordered SDO Kalyani to look into the matter and submit a report on the same."
The Kalyani Municipality has a strength of 20 Councillors. 14 of the Councillors belong to the TMC, one is of the Congress and the rest five are of the Left Front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends