No-confidence motion moved against TMC chairman
Kalyani(WB): Around 10 Trinamool Congress (TMC) Councillors of Kalyani Municipality in Nadia district on Monday moved a no confidence motion against TMC chairman of the municipality Pradip Kumar Sur.
The 10 TMC Councillors of the Kalyani Municipality submitted the no confidence letter to the Sub Divisional Officer (SDO) Kalyani, Shaibal Chakraborty.
District Magistrate Abhinav Chandra said "I have received the letter where 10 TMC Councillors of Kalyani Municipality have signed a no confidence motion against chairman P K Sur. I ordered SDO Kalyani to look into the matter and submit a report on the same."
The Kalyani Municipality has a strength of 20 Councillors. 14 of the Councillors belong to the TMC, one is of the Congress and the rest five are of the Left Front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley