No-confidence motion moved against TMC chairman
Kalyani(WB): Around 10 Trinamool Congress (TMC) Councillors of Kalyani Municipality in Nadia district on Monday moved a no confidence motion against TMC chairman of the municipality Pradip Kumar Sur.
The 10 TMC Councillors of the Kalyani Municipality submitted the no confidence letter to the Sub Divisional Officer (SDO) Kalyani, Shaibal Chakraborty.
District Magistrate Abhinav Chandra said "I have received the letter where 10 TMC Councillors of Kalyani Municipality have signed a no confidence motion against chairman P K Sur. I ordered SDO Kalyani to look into the matter and submit a report on the same."
The Kalyani Municipality has a strength of 20 Councillors. 14 of the Councillors belong to the TMC, one is of the Congress and the rest five are of the Left Front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16