No-confidence motion moved against TMC chairman
Kalyani(WB): Around 10 Trinamool Congress (TMC) Councillors of Kalyani Municipality in Nadia district on Monday moved a no confidence motion against TMC chairman of the municipality Pradip Kumar Sur.
The 10 TMC Councillors of the Kalyani Municipality submitted the no confidence letter to the Sub Divisional Officer (SDO) Kalyani, Shaibal Chakraborty.
District Magistrate Abhinav Chandra said "I have received the letter where 10 TMC Councillors of Kalyani Municipality have signed a no confidence motion against chairman P K Sur. I ordered SDO Kalyani to look into the matter and submit a report on the same."
The Kalyani Municipality has a strength of 20 Councillors. 14 of the Councillors belong to the TMC, one is of the Congress and the rest five are of the Left Front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India