No-confidence motion moved against TMC chairman
Kalyani(WB): Around 10 Trinamool Congress (TMC) Councillors of Kalyani Municipality in Nadia district on Monday moved a no confidence motion against TMC chairman of the municipality Pradip Kumar Sur.
The 10 TMC Councillors of the Kalyani Municipality submitted the no confidence letter to the Sub Divisional Officer (SDO) Kalyani, Shaibal Chakraborty.
District Magistrate Abhinav Chandra said "I have received the letter where 10 TMC Councillors of Kalyani Municipality have signed a no confidence motion against chairman P K Sur. I ordered SDO Kalyani to look into the matter and submit a report on the same."
The Kalyani Municipality has a strength of 20 Councillors. 14 of the Councillors belong to the TMC, one is of the Congress and the rest five are of the Left Front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'