‘No dearth of funds for development of Malkangiri’
Malkangiri (Odisha): Pledging full support for speedy development of Maoist-hit Malkangiri in Odisha, the Centre on Monday said there would be no dearth of funds for implementing various programmes to improve the lot of people in the backward tribal-dominated district.
"The central government will provide adequate funds to ensure speedy development of the district and make it number one", union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said during a visit to Malkangiri.
Reviewing the developmental work in the Naxal-hit district, Ramesh said the Union government was providing sufficient funds for implementation of various central sponsored programmes.
It was the responsibility of the state government to ensure proper utilisation of the funds pumped in by the Centre. Besides, the people who are the beneficiaries should also remain ever vigilant, the Union Minister said.
Former Malkangiri district collector R Vineel Krishna, who had been abducted by Maoists in February last year, and had since become the private secretary to the union minister, accompanied Ramesh.
People in large numbers had lined up on road sides to catch a glimpse of Krishna and at places they garlanded him showing their affection towards the former collector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?