No division of Darjeeling Hills: Mamata Banerjee
Darjeeling (WB): Asserting that the Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal will not allow any division of Darjeeling, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday said it is bringing in development in the hills with special packages.
"We will not allow any division of the Hills," Banerjee reiterated at a poll rally here, while emphasising that her government has effected various development projects in the hills.
She said her government okayed the setting up of ITI, engineering college and projects related with electricity and drinking water.
Coming down on the `bandhs` (shutdowns), Banerjee said those who call for strikes, close businesses, hotels and shops, their children go outside the hills and have fun.
"We are all for development of the hills," the CM said and promised the elections would be held in a free and fair manner this time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!