No division of Darjeeling Hills: Mamata Banerjee
Darjeeling (WB): Asserting that the Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal will not allow any division of Darjeeling, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday said it is bringing in development in the hills with special packages.
"We will not allow any division of the Hills," Banerjee reiterated at a poll rally here, while emphasising that her government has effected various development projects in the hills.
She said her government okayed the setting up of ITI, engineering college and projects related with electricity and drinking water.
Coming down on the `bandhs` (shutdowns), Banerjee said those who call for strikes, close businesses, hotels and shops, their children go outside the hills and have fun.
"We are all for development of the hills," the CM said and promised the elections would be held in a free and fair manner this time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video