No division of Darjeeling Hills: Mamata Banerjee
Darjeeling (WB): Asserting that the Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal will not allow any division of Darjeeling, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday said it is bringing in development in the hills with special packages.
"We will not allow any division of the Hills," Banerjee reiterated at a poll rally here, while emphasising that her government has effected various development projects in the hills.
She said her government okayed the setting up of ITI, engineering college and projects related with electricity and drinking water.
Coming down on the `bandhs` (shutdowns), Banerjee said those who call for strikes, close businesses, hotels and shops, their children go outside the hills and have fun.
"We are all for development of the hills," the CM said and promised the elections would be held in a free and fair manner this time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe