No evidence of rape, CPI-M conspiring: Mamata
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday alleged that the CPI(M) had conspired to fabricate a rape story concerning a woman in Burdwan district and said that there was no evidence of rape in the medical report.
"There was no evidence of rape in the medical report. CPI-M has conspired to fabricate the story of rape," she told reporters at Writers` Buildings.
Earlier, DGP Naparajit Mukherjee told a news agency that two persons were arrested in connection with the alleged gangrape by some dacoits who looted passengers of a local train in
Burdwan district yesterday, but there is no tell tale sign of rape in the medical report.
"Two persons have been arrested," Mukherjee said. He said that there had been no tell-tale sign of rape, as alleged by the woman, in the medical report received by the police.
"No tell-tale sign of rape is found in the medical report," Mukherjee said.
The DGP said that the police were verifying the statement of the woman.
He said the police had initiated a case on the basis of the woman`s statement.
The woman was allegedly gangraped when she resisted dacoits looting passengers of a local train.
The dacoits, who were posing as passengers, reportedly held the guard of the Ahmedpur-Katwa narrow gauge passenger hostage yesterday and forced the driver to stop the train near Pachundi.
They later started looting the people on board near Panchundi in Katwa area, police said.
DGP (Railways) Dilip Mitra, who visited the spot along with SDPO, Katwa, Dhrubajyoti Roy said that the woman complained to the police that she was dragged out of the train and raped by some men near the rail tracks.
"The woman has been identified. I have spoken to her. An FIR was lodged immediately after the incident," Mitra said. The two arrested remanded to seven days` police custody by the CJM`s court, Katwa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000