No indiscipline will be tolerated: TMC leader
Kolkata: Sending out a strong message to three party MPs, who have been served show-cause notices for alleged anti-party activity, Trinamool Congress leader Partha Chatterjee on Sunday said stern action would be taken against them if needed.
"The party disciplinary committee has taken serious note of the anti-party comments made by Kunal Ghosh, Satabdi Ray and Tapas Pal. We have served them show-cause notices. We won`t tolerate any indiscipline. If needed, we will take stern steps against any kind of indiscipline," Chatterjee, the state industry minister, told a media conference.
Another minister, Jyotipriyo Mullick, said in an apparent reference to the three showcaused MPs, "Those who don`t belong to the party should mind their own business."
Meanwhile, the state Congress took a dig at Trinamool leadership, saying "only a CBI inquiry into the matter can reveal the truth."
State Congress president Pradip Bhattacharjee said, "Why is the state government afraid of CBI? Earlier Mamata Banerjee during her tenure as Opposition leader had asked for a CBI inquiry in all cases. What is stopping her now from doing that? A CBI inquiry can only bring out the truth."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Unbelievable! Airtel offers 10 GB 4G data at just Rs 250
- Using Facebook, Twitter may cut BP, diabetes in elderly