No need to raise storm over alleged obscene remarks: Partha
Kolkata: A minister in the West Bengal government on Tuesday asserted that there was no need to raise storm over alleged obscene remarks made by leaders of the ruling Trinamool Congress on various occasions, saying media often misrepresent what they actually say.
"One has to justify the storm raised over alleged obscene remarks made by leaders of the ruling party," state industry minister Partha Chatterjee said.
Chatterjee said it often so happened that leaders told something and a section of the media reported it otherwise giving a wrong message.
At the same time, Chatterjee cautioned the leaders against using obscene language, if there was any. Earlier, some TMC members and ministers had drawn flak for their remarks on several occasions.
"We must be tolerant and patient. Also we should not step into any provocation which may create problems. We want to keep ourselves engaged in the hunt for development," the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'