No one can form the next government without Trinamool: Mamata
Gorubathan: Trinamool Congress will play a vital role in the formation of the next government at the Centre and no one can form it without the party`s support, its chief Mamata Banerjee claimed on Wednesday.
"In Delhi, Trinamool Congress will be the number one party in terms of government formation at the Centre. We (TMC) will conquer Delhi this time," she told a party workers` meet here.
Banerjee who was canvassing for TMC`s Darjeeling candidate, former Indian footballer Bhaichung Bhutia, also took a dig at GJM-supported BJP candidate SS Alhuwalia as a "person from Delhi who would go back to Delhi without bothering about the Hills".
"Those who come from Delhi run away after winning. They should remain in Delhi. In Bengal nothing is going to happen to CPI(M), BJP and Congress. With the votes Trinamool Congress will get in Bengal, it will play a vital role (in Delhi).”
"No one can form the next government without us," she said.
Banerjee said the Centre had done nothing for Darjeeling. "We have been demanding that there is a need for special package," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'