No one can form the next government without Trinamool: Mamata
Gorubathan: Trinamool Congress will play a vital role in the formation of the next government at the Centre and no one can form it without the party`s support, its chief Mamata Banerjee claimed on Wednesday.
"In Delhi, Trinamool Congress will be the number one party in terms of government formation at the Centre. We (TMC) will conquer Delhi this time," she told a party workers` meet here.
Banerjee who was canvassing for TMC`s Darjeeling candidate, former Indian footballer Bhaichung Bhutia, also took a dig at GJM-supported BJP candidate SS Alhuwalia as a "person from Delhi who would go back to Delhi without bothering about the Hills".
"Those who come from Delhi run away after winning. They should remain in Delhi. In Bengal nothing is going to happen to CPI(M), BJP and Congress. With the votes Trinamool Congress will get in Bengal, it will play a vital role (in Delhi).”
"No one can form the next government without us," she said.
Banerjee said the Centre had done nothing for Darjeeling. "We have been demanding that there is a need for special package," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta
- Companies making beeline to sign PV Sindhu for endorsements