No one can form the next government without Trinamool: Mamata
Gorubathan: Trinamool Congress will play a vital role in the formation of the next government at the Centre and no one can form it without the party`s support, its chief Mamata Banerjee claimed on Wednesday.
"In Delhi, Trinamool Congress will be the number one party in terms of government formation at the Centre. We (TMC) will conquer Delhi this time," she told a party workers` meet here.
Banerjee who was canvassing for TMC`s Darjeeling candidate, former Indian footballer Bhaichung Bhutia, also took a dig at GJM-supported BJP candidate SS Alhuwalia as a "person from Delhi who would go back to Delhi without bothering about the Hills".
"Those who come from Delhi run away after winning. They should remain in Delhi. In Bengal nothing is going to happen to CPI(M), BJP and Congress. With the votes Trinamool Congress will get in Bengal, it will play a vital role (in Delhi).”
"No one can form the next government without us," she said.
Banerjee said the Centre had done nothing for Darjeeling. "We have been demanding that there is a need for special package," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Dreaded Maoist couple, three other ultras surrender in Odisha
- High-speed trains running on these five routes soon to be a reality
- Dalits are used as 'political weapon', says BSP chief Mayawati
- Russian athletics mess: Gloom and anger for athletes due to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- BSP workers hold protest, demand arrest of Dayashankar Singh