No one can form the next government without Trinamool: Mamata
Gorubathan: Trinamool Congress will play a vital role in the formation of the next government at the Centre and no one can form it without the party`s support, its chief Mamata Banerjee claimed on Wednesday.
"In Delhi, Trinamool Congress will be the number one party in terms of government formation at the Centre. We (TMC) will conquer Delhi this time," she told a party workers` meet here.
Banerjee who was canvassing for TMC`s Darjeeling candidate, former Indian footballer Bhaichung Bhutia, also took a dig at GJM-supported BJP candidate SS Alhuwalia as a "person from Delhi who would go back to Delhi without bothering about the Hills".
"Those who come from Delhi run away after winning. They should remain in Delhi. In Bengal nothing is going to happen to CPI(M), BJP and Congress. With the votes Trinamool Congress will get in Bengal, it will play a vital role (in Delhi).”
"No one can form the next government without us," she said.
Banerjee said the Centre had done nothing for Darjeeling. "We have been demanding that there is a need for special package," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened