No one can form the next government without Trinamool: Mamata
Gorubathan: Trinamool Congress will play a vital role in the formation of the next government at the Centre and no one can form it without the party`s support, its chief Mamata Banerjee claimed on Wednesday.
"In Delhi, Trinamool Congress will be the number one party in terms of government formation at the Centre. We (TMC) will conquer Delhi this time," she told a party workers` meet here.
Banerjee who was canvassing for TMC`s Darjeeling candidate, former Indian footballer Bhaichung Bhutia, also took a dig at GJM-supported BJP candidate SS Alhuwalia as a "person from Delhi who would go back to Delhi without bothering about the Hills".
"Those who come from Delhi run away after winning. They should remain in Delhi. In Bengal nothing is going to happen to CPI(M), BJP and Congress. With the votes Trinamool Congress will get in Bengal, it will play a vital role (in Delhi).”
"No one can form the next government without us," she said.
Banerjee said the Centre had done nothing for Darjeeling. "We have been demanding that there is a need for special package," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees