`No question of Buddha stepping down as WB CM`
New Delhi: Amid reports that Buddhadeb Bhattacharya has offered to quit following the Left Front`s drubbing in the civic poll, CPI(M) state Secretary Biman Bose on Saturday said there was no question of the West Bengal Chief Minister stepping down from his post.
"The question does not arise. The matter has not been referred to the Central Committee. It has not been discussed in the state committee," Bose, who is in the capital to attend
the two-day party Polit Bureau meeting, told reporters here.
His response came in the backdrop of reports about
Bhattacharya offering to quit earlier this week after the Left
Front faired poorly in the civic polls, which was dubbed as a
semifinal ahead of the next year`s Assembly polls.
Bhattachrya had last year also offered to quit from
the post following the poor show in the Lok Sabha elections.
Out of the 81 municipal bodies, the Left Front won in
only 18 municipalities while arch rival Trinamool Congress
bagged 26. Congress bagged seven and the anti-Left alliance
four. While results to 23 are hung, three have resulted in a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- READ: What Suresh Raina said after Gujarat Lions' dream IPL run ended in Qualifier 2
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic.in 10th Results 2016 CBSE Board: CBSE Class 10th X Exam Result 2016 to be announced today on May 28 at 2 PM
- 10th X Results 2016 CBSE Board: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in 10th X class exam result 2016 CBSE Board to be announced soon
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data
- MASTI full on! Parineeti Chopra flaunts ample strength on the sets of 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' – Watch