No restriction on Mamata`s Lalgarh rally: Bengal govt
Kolkata: With Trinamool Congress declaring
it won`t abide by conditions for its proposed Lalgarh rally,
the West Bengal government today said no restrictions have
been imposed on holding it.
"No undue restrictions have been imposed for
(Trinamool chief) Mamata Banerjee`s rally at Lalgarh on August
9," Home Secretary Samar Ghosh told reporters.
He said special steps have been taken to ensure that
the meeting ground and roads leading to it are safe and that
no mines are planted on the roads and adjacent areas.
Permission has been sought from the Centre for
deployment of CRPF personnel during the rally, but the state
government is yet to receive clearance for it, Ghosh said.
"We are awaiting. It could reach any moment."
Rubbishing claims by a Trinamool leader that a
contract killer had been hired to eliminate the party supremo,
Ghosh said "We don`t have any such input."
DGP Bhupinder Singh told PTI that wanted leaders of
the People`s Committee Against Police Atrocities would be
arrested if they attend the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!