No TMC-Anna alliance in near term: Saugata Roy
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress (TMC) leader and Lok Sabha MP (Member of Parliament) Saugata Roy on Monday confirmed an end to a much hyped joint venture for the time being between TMC chief Mamata Banerjee and anti graft crusader Anna Hazare ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
"As of now, our leader Mamata Banerjee has already called off the scheduled rally jointly with Anna in Ahmedabad which was supposed to be held on March 20th. To my knowledge, there is no further joint programme to be held with Anna. Hence, we are going ahead with fighting from as many constituencies as possible on our own," Roy said.
The brief bonhomie between anti graft crusader Anna Hazare and TMC chief Mamata Banerjee soon vanished off into thin air, after, Hazare had skipped the rally attended by Mamata at Ramlila Grounds. Hazare, later on justified his absence from the rally, saying that he was misled.
Hazare also declared that he endorses Mamata Banerjee as the best chief minister, but
will no longer support TMC in its national ambitions and therefore, asked the party not to use his name during its electioneering to attract votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP