Nobel winners to attend IIM`s global conference
Kolkata: Nobel laureates, management
gurus, business leaders, academicians and dignitaries from various walks of life will meet next year at the campus of the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM-C) for a global
The first of its kind two-day conference in the
country will discuss various issues and challenges of emerging
and developing economies like India and China at the IIM-C`s campus in January 2013.
Prof Ashok Banerjee, Dean (External Relations) of the
institute told PTI that the project would be funded by the
Union Ministry of Human Resource Development which had
requested them to take the lead in organising an
international-level management conference.
All the other 12 IIMs are also taking part in
organising the conference, "which will do for IIMs and Indian
management schools what the Literature Festival at Jaipur has
done for Indian writing," said the institute`s chairman of
Board of Governors, Ajit Balakrishnan.
Situated at Joka, on the outskirts of Kolkata, IIM-C
is ranked as one of the top ten B-schools of the country.
The list of the speakers are yet to be finalised,
Banerjee said adding a large number of people, including 3-4
Nobel laureates and other dignitaries, are expected to
participate in the conference.
"We are inviting people from varied backgrounds for this conference.
The issues of emerging and developing economics like India, China and Brazil will be discussed. Our
issues are similar but the standard and conventional
management practises may not apply here," he said.
Experts will re-look at the market model, issues,
challenges, the way we are tackling it, and the solutions
which can improve the lives of the people in the emerging
economies, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city