`Non-revision of rentals of cold storage leading to default`
Kolkata: There are reports of closure of 14 potato cold storages in West Bengal after defaults in loan repayments due to non-revision of rentals in the last three years, an industry official said here Sunday.
"We have information of closure of 14 potato cold storages due to loan repayment default," West Bengal Cold Storage Association President Rampada Paul said here.
"I have repeatedly said due to non-revision of rentals in the last three years, cold storage owners are facing severe cost pressure and if the government does not take corrective measures closure of small cold storages will be imminent.
"Moreover, more than the closure of 14 cold storages, banks have turned reluctant to extend loan for crop to cold storages, this is has impacted the industry more," Paul said.
There are around 100 small cold storages out of total 425 across the state, he said.
Paul, however, was optimistic that state government would look into their grievances seriously after the panchayat elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!