`Non-revision of rentals of cold storage leading to default`
Kolkata: There are reports of closure of 14 potato cold storages in West Bengal after defaults in loan repayments due to non-revision of rentals in the last three years, an industry official said here Sunday.
"We have information of closure of 14 potato cold storages due to loan repayment default," West Bengal Cold Storage Association President Rampada Paul said here.
"I have repeatedly said due to non-revision of rentals in the last three years, cold storage owners are facing severe cost pressure and if the government does not take corrective measures closure of small cold storages will be imminent.
"Moreover, more than the closure of 14 cold storages, banks have turned reluctant to extend loan for crop to cold storages, this is has impacted the industry more," Paul said.
There are around 100 small cold storages out of total 425 across the state, he said.
Paul, however, was optimistic that state government would look into their grievances seriously after the panchayat elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack