None in TMC indulges in goondaism: Mamata
Howrah: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Thursday said, none in Trinamool Congress indulged in goondaism and if any did so, they would be driven out.
"No one in my party indulges in goondasim and if any one involves in it, I will not tolerate it and drive them out from the party," Banerjee told a rally for the June 2 Lok Sabha bypoll here.
Banerjee`s comments followed Left Front chairman Biman Bose`s allegation that on the first day of filing nominations for panchayat polls, Left Front candidates were attacked in 15 subdivisions in the state.
Claiming that she was working overtime for the benefit of the state, Banerjee said, "There was much violence during CPI(M)`s rule, but the Congress at the Centre did not take any step."
Banerjee also accused the CPI(M), Congress and BJP of joining hands against her government to stall development.
She said, Trinamool Congress withdrew support from the UPA government because of its `anti-people` policies.
Reiterating that her government was facing a severe financial crisis, Banerjee said that the government had managed to raise its revenue collection by an additional Rs 12,000 crore, but the Centre was taking most of it away as payment on interest of loans taken by the erstwhile Left Front government.
Banerjee, accompanied by supporters and party workers walked 7 km from Pilkhana to Dumurjola in about two hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat