Nor`wester toll rises to eight in West Bengal
Kolkata: The toll in the nor`wester which hit West Bengal districts and the metropolis rose to eight on Thursday with more deaths reported.
Three deaths were reported from South 24 Parganas, followed by two each in West Midnapore and Howrah and one in Burdwan districts in nor`westers in the last two days, official sources said.
Agriculture minister Moloy Ghatak said that the seasonal storm caused huge loss to boro, groundnut and til cultivation, with West Midnapore and Burdwan districts bearing the brunt.
Yesterday, three persons, including a child were killed in a nor`wester which hit the metropolis and its surrounding areas toppling 75 tree and hitting train services and road transport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test