Noted eco-scientist robbed of cash, valuables
Kolkata: Noted eco-scientist S P Gon Chaudhuri was robbed of cash and valuables by four youths at his residence in the eastern outskirts of the city on Sunday night, the police said.
Four youths knocked at the door of Gon Chaudhuri`s Kalikapur residence seeking donation and as soon as domestic help opened the door, they overpowered her and tied Gon Chaudhuri and her, Debabarata Das, DC (SED) said today.
Chaudhuri, who is considered to be a pioneer in solar energy research, alleged that he was beaten up by the youths before robbing him of Rs 12,000 in cash and some medals he had won for his work.
The DC (SED) said that search was on to nab the culprits and investigation was under way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends