Nothing secret about party bank account: CPI(M)
Kolkata: The CPI(M) on Friday said there was nothing secret about its bank account after details were published in a leading Bengali daily here and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee demanded a probe.
"It is known to all that our party funds are enriched by the levy deposited by our party MPs, MLAs, councillors and even workers which helps us to run the party," CPI(M) state secretariat member Robin Deb told a news agency.
Stating that there was nothing illegal as alleged, he claimed that the source of the money was `clear and open`.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!