Now, three-year-old boy brutally beaten up by woman tutor in Kolkata
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: Another shocking incident of crime against children has come to the fore with reports of a three-year old boy being mercilessly beaten up here by a middle-aged woman tutor.
The shocking incident has been caught on camera and comes days after a video clip surfaced showing a school principal brutally beating visually challenged boys in Andhra Pradesh.
The incident in Kolkata is said to have happened on Tuesday. A police complaint was filed on Wednesday morning along with a footage of a CCTV camera installed at the child`s home in Lake Town here showing the woman home tutor thrashing the boy.
"We have received a complaint and are on a lookout for the woman," Officer-in-Charge of Lake Town Police station Ashok Sen said, as per PTI.
According to the complaint lodged by the kid`s family, the tutor was appointed just a few days back.
The tutor later apologised and requested the kid`s family not to inform the police. But after that, her husband came and threatened them not to lodge a complaint, forcing the family to register the police complaint.
TV channels had aired on Monday video footage of a school principal brutally caning "indisciplined" visually challenged boys, aged between 9 and 13 years, in Andhra Pradesh`s East Godavari district.
The police later arrested the principal, who was also visually challenged, and another school official.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16