NUJS official held for sexually harassing colleague
Kolkata: Six months after he was accused of sexually harassing a colleague, the assistant registrar of the National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS) here was arrested and presented before a court Friday, police said.
"A complaint alleging sexual harassment, including sending indecent emails, was lodged in July against Siddhartha Guha. In pursuance to that, we arrested him Thursday and now he has been presented before a court," Deputy Commissioner (Bidhannagar) Arnab Ghosh said.
The complainant, a woman employee of NUJS, alleged that Guha subjected her to physical assault and sexual harassment.
Guha has been booked under several offences including defamation, criminal intimidation, outraging modesty besides under the Information Technology Act.
The arrest comes at a time when the NUJS has disassociated itself from former Supreme Court judge and an honorary professor of the institution AK Ganguly, who is accused of sexually harassing a former student of the university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured