NUJS official held for sexually harassing colleague
Kolkata: Six months after he was accused of sexually harassing a colleague, the assistant registrar of the National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS) here was arrested and presented before a court Friday, police said.
"A complaint alleging sexual harassment, including sending indecent emails, was lodged in July against Siddhartha Guha. In pursuance to that, we arrested him Thursday and now he has been presented before a court," Deputy Commissioner (Bidhannagar) Arnab Ghosh said.
The complainant, a woman employee of NUJS, alleged that Guha subjected her to physical assault and sexual harassment.
Guha has been booked under several offences including defamation, criminal intimidation, outraging modesty besides under the Information Technology Act.
The arrest comes at a time when the NUJS has disassociated itself from former Supreme Court judge and an honorary professor of the institution AK Ganguly, who is accused of sexually harassing a former student of the university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre