NUJS official held for sexually harassing colleague
Kolkata: Six months after he was accused of sexually harassing a colleague, the assistant registrar of the National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS) here was arrested and presented before a court Friday, police said.
"A complaint alleging sexual harassment, including sending indecent emails, was lodged in July against Siddhartha Guha. In pursuance to that, we arrested him Thursday and now he has been presented before a court," Deputy Commissioner (Bidhannagar) Arnab Ghosh said.
The complainant, a woman employee of NUJS, alleged that Guha subjected her to physical assault and sexual harassment.
Guha has been booked under several offences including defamation, criminal intimidation, outraging modesty besides under the Information Technology Act.
The arrest comes at a time when the NUJS has disassociated itself from former Supreme Court judge and an honorary professor of the institution AK Ganguly, who is accused of sexually harassing a former student of the university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read