One killed, 30 injured in bus accident in South 24-Parganas
Canning: One person was killed and
thirty others were injured when a private bus fell into a
ditch and overturned at Bamanghata in South 24-Parganas today,
The conductor, Tapas Mondal (35), died on the spot.
Of the 30 injured passenger, the condition of two
was stated to be serious. They were being rushed to hospital
in Kolkata, police said.
The driver of the bus, carrying a complement of 50
passengers, was absconding.
Local people rushed to the rescue soon after the
accident occured, police said adding that the bus was plying
on route 213 on the Basanti-Kolkata road and was coming from
Bhangar to Babughat in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre