One killed, 30 injured in bus accident in South 24-Parganas
Canning: One person was killed and
thirty others were injured when a private bus fell into a
ditch and overturned at Bamanghata in South 24-Parganas today,
The conductor, Tapas Mondal (35), died on the spot.
Of the 30 injured passenger, the condition of two
was stated to be serious. They were being rushed to hospital
in Kolkata, police said.
The driver of the bus, carrying a complement of 50
passengers, was absconding.
Local people rushed to the rescue soon after the
accident occured, police said adding that the bus was plying
on route 213 on the Basanti-Kolkata road and was coming from
Bhangar to Babughat in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days