One killed, 40 injured in bus-mini-truck collision
Burdwan (WB): One person was killed and 40 others were injured when a bus collided with a mini-truck at Galsi in Burdwan district on Tuesday.
Police said the bus, on Benachiti-Krishnanagar route, was moving along highway when the mini-truck driver suddenly swerved to the bus lane and the bus rammed into the truck.
While the mini-truck driver succumbed to injuries on the spot, 40 others, all bus passengers, were taken by rescuers to the nearby rural health centre.
Thirty-five of them were shifted to Burdwan Medical College and Hospital and all were in stable condition, police said quoting hospital authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...