One killed in CPI(M), Trinamool clashes
Suri: One person was killed in clashes between CPI(M) and Trinamool Congress supporters at a number of villages in West Bengal`s Birbhum district on Saturday.
Birbhum Superintendent of Police Rabindranath Mukherjee
said bombs were hurled by the rival sides and a few hundred
thatched houses were set ablaze in Jalangi, Palundi, Thuksara
and Shepur villages since morning.
The SP said that he had heard that one person had been
killed, but the body was yet to be recovered.
Trinamool Congress sources said that a supporter, Chottu
Sheikh, was killed in Sherpur village.
Rapid Action Force have been deployed in the villages,
the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama