One killed in CPI(M), Trinamool clashes
Suri: One person was killed in clashes between CPI(M) and Trinamool Congress supporters at a number of villages in West Bengal`s Birbhum district on Saturday.
Birbhum Superintendent of Police Rabindranath Mukherjee
said bombs were hurled by the rival sides and a few hundred
thatched houses were set ablaze in Jalangi, Palundi, Thuksara
and Shepur villages since morning.
The SP said that he had heard that one person had been
killed, but the body was yet to be recovered.
Trinamool Congress sources said that a supporter, Chottu
Sheikh, was killed in Sherpur village.
Rapid Action Force have been deployed in the villages,
the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her